Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sweet Treat Cups, plus this week's LNS Challenge

Wow...it's been way too long. I have a ton of projects to post, just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. So..tonight I'm making that time to post a project. This little project meets two purposes. One...my upline asked me to demo this type of sweet treat cups card with the pull out tag at our last meeting. Two....this week's challenge for Late Night Stampers is to create something with a Hugs and Kisses theme. So, although I haven't really started my own Christmas cards, I created a 3x3 card with Valentine's Day in mind. I love the Sweet Treat Cups, but hated that I would have to tear up the project just to get the goodies. I have seen and tried various ways to use them with a tag that pulls out. This one simply uses glue dots on the four corners, then you are able to slide the tag through and over the hole that opens up to the center of the card. Once the tag is pulled out and the sweets are gone, you can see the circle with the "I *heart* YOU" through the Sweet Treat Cup.

Stamps - Sweet Centers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink - Real Red
Paper - Real Red CS, Very Vanilla CS, Polka Dot DSP from Christmas Jingle SS Kit
Accessories - Circle Punches (1 3/8", 1", 3/4"), Round Tab Punch, Sweet Treat Cups, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots

2 comments:

debinicol said...

awesome awesome idea, lovely you must show us how!

Michelle said...

This is a fabulous card! I love how you made it. I haven't had a chance to play with the sweet treat cups yet, but when I do, I'll definitely try it your way. Thanks for sharing!